Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Anne of the Island

Anne of the Island (L.M Montgomery)

★★★★✩ (4/5)


Short Summary:

Anne is off to college at last (much to the disappointment of her friends in Avonlea) and is busy keeping up with school work, making new friends, and living life as only Anne can. Between proposals that don't meet her expectations, and the discovery and purchase of a quaint little house, Anne is living college life to the fullest. One thing is for sure, Anne is no longer the girl who arrived at Green Gables years before.

Key Take-Aways:

Anne is exploring new territories and is growing up, to be blunt. She is whisked out of fairy-land (romantically) when her first proposal is far below her expectations and matures and gets wiser through the course of several years.

Quotes:

“I wouldn't want to marry anybody who was wicked, but I think I'd like it if he COULD be wicked and WOULDN'T.”
― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of the Island


“I do know my own mind,' protested Anne. 'The trouble is, my mind changes and then I have to get acquainted with it all over again.”
― L.M. MontgomeryAnne of the Island

No comments:

Post a Comment